Job Opportunity: Program Director - Bilingual
||Community, Culture & Religion
||Bilingual - English/Hebrew
Program Director - Bilingual
Looking for a fully bi-lingual, passionate and super effective programmatic visionary for the position of Program Director.
The Program Director will be a visionary leader and educator with experience building and managing high-impact programs for adults.
S/he will have outstanding people skills and the ability to manage program space and budgets in a highly organized and efficient manner, modeling curiosity and appreciation for Jewish study; commitment to pluralism in Israel and elsewhere; and an understanding of Jewish life outside of Israel, particularly North America.
S/he must be a self starter with an appetite for entrepreneurism and building communities and programs that last.
1. Strategic Planning and Leadership
• Work with the Executive Director and senior management team to shape the institutional vision, mission, and philosophy of the Center
• Establish a multi-year plan to implement that vision, including assessment of areas of weakness and potential growth as well as development of new initiatives
• Set departmental agenda, goals, and criteria for measuring success in implementing the plan
• Establish programmatic, administrative, and operational priorities and a timeline for their implementation
• Collaborate with other colleagues who directly manage its core programs
2. Administration and Operations
• Develop the annual budget for the department and supervise all expenditures in collaboration with the Director of Finance
• Coordinate calendar and scheduling of programs
• Manage effective use of program space on campus, including leveraging it for new revenue opportunities
• Assist in developing content for website, social media, and other communications materials and participate in their distribution
3. Student Support and Management
• Identify and respond to individual needs and interests of students
• Create opportunities for connection, achievement, and compelling involvement of students in Jewish life and culture
• Identify special needs and develop and implement interventions and accommodations
4. Building Partnerships
• Collaborate with like-minded organizations in Israel and abroad to shape programming, new initiatives, and opportunities for meaningful programs
• Collaborate with spiritual leaders inside and outside of the center (including alumni) to design and implement educational and spiritual experiences and services
• Foster and supervise the development of an integrated, consistent, and innovative brand for the center
Knowledge and Skills
• Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Business Suite
• Fluency in social media
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in Hebrew and English (other languages a plus)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of complexity
Education and Work Experience
• Advance degree preferred, but not required
• 5+ years experience with similar non-profits and/or educational or cultural programs and initiatives
Attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume by 4 August 2017.
|When applying - please mention that you saw the job advertised on Israemploy|
To apply for this and many other job opportunities paid membership is required
If you are already a member
“I followed up the lead you gave me and now work for that company. - Good value for my 70 shekels. ” (Nick, Rishon Le Zion)