Job Opportunity: IT Director
||Hi-Tech, Technology & IT
||Bilingual - English/Hebrew
An experienced IT Director to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our company. This role is responsible for a team of IT managers and system administrators, managing the company’s technology operations, IT systems and policies (including the implementation of new systems), both on premises, SaaS and in the cloud.
An excellent IT director is very knowledgeable of IT, computer and security systems. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people, as well as the ability to managing IT projects from inception through implementation. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet company business objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective, reliable, and functioning within the constraints of budget, time and specifications of the company.
* Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network, security) and evaluate them according to established goals
* Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
* Ensure local IT and ITSec policies and process are in compliance with corporate parent company policies, standards, security standards, and risk management requirements, are up-to-date, documented and routinely audited.
* Ensure IT Security has appropriate controls, policies, monitors and tools to control confidential data and provide a strong, up-to-date and layered defense against data exfiltration.
* Ensures IT infrastructure and systems are secure
* Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their operational technology needs
* Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
* Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
* Identify and manage the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report on such to upper management
* Coordinate IT managers and supervise computer scientists, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance
* Plan and control budget and report on expenditures
* Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
* Proven experience as an IT director or similar role within a mid-large scale corporate (non-startup) environment.
* Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
* Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
* Experience in planning and controlling an IT department budget
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication abilities
* BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field or 8+ years of experience; MSc/MA will be a plus
* High level spoken and written English, for internal and parent company communications. All internal documents will be in English.
* High level spoken and written Hebrew, for local vendor communications.
* Significant experience interacting with Israeli IT vendors and IT consultants.
Technology Stack Operations Familiarity Requirements:
Windows server, Windows workstation
Red Hat Linux
SQL Server, MySQL
Cisco Routers, Palo Alto Firewalls
CVs in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this and many other job opportunities paid membership is required
If you are already a member
“I’d like to highly recommend Israemploy’s premium service” (Charna, Jerusalem)