Job Opportunity: Corporate Services Assistant
||Government, Civil & Public Service
||Bilingual - English/Hebrew
Corporate Services Assistant
The British Embassy, Israel has a vacancy for a Corporate Services Assistant, Grade A1(L). This is a core position in the Corporate Services Unit of the Embassy and the successful applicant will be the first point of contact at the British Embassy.
The primary role of this position is to play a central part in the essential procurement and administrative support services of the Embassy. This is in addition to welcoming visitors to the Embassy and managing the Embassy’s reception and main switchboard.
Responsibilities will include:
Reception duties including, answering Embassy phones, managing the Embassy’s main mailbox and hotel bookings
Embassy procurement including ordering and negotiating with suppliers
Processing payments to Embassy suppliers
Management of furniture for the Embassy and Ambassador’s Residence
General support to the Corporate Services Unit
Line management of 2 cleaners.
Essential experience and qualifications:
Excellent experience in organisational and administrative work;
Flexibility and good communication skills;
Ability to work well under pressure and in a team;
Good IT skills, including the ability to learn new programmes quickly.
• Good negotiation skills
• Delivering Value for Money – This involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
• Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
• Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice.
• Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including the non negotiable salary of ILS 7,800 per month, plus social benefits. Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for by the Embassy.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 8:00 – 16:00 and Friday 8:00-13:30, with some flexibility required including occasional evening events.
The appointment will be subject to security clearance and a probationary period of 4 months.
The position is available immediately.
Candidate must be able to work legally in Israel.
The closing date for applications will be on 12 August 2017 at 23:55. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online. https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-49/xf-3d91254e84e5/wid-1/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/3872-Corporate-Services-Assistant/en-GB
1. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form or cover letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae.
(Your application must include examples in your cover letter of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The selection process will include an interview and a written exercise.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances
The British Embassy Tel Aviv is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
To apply for this and many other job opportunities paid membership is required
If you are already a member
“I have just been offered a fantastic job - actually the job of my dreams - that I saw through Israemploy.” (Ellen, Jerusalem)